[CentOS-devel] CentOS 7.3 docker image for ppc64le available at Unicamp - Call for testers

Murilo Opsfelder Araújo muriloo at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Tue Feb 7 12:57:25 UTC 2017

On 02/05/2017 06:07 AM, Karanbir Singh wrote:
[...]
> this is nice! Are you guys using the same tool chain as the CentOS Linux
> 7 baseimage on x86_64 ? We've recently added some more ppc capacity, and
> might be able to use some of that to do builds for these images, if the
> tool chains are the same

Hi, Karanbir.

We are using scripts from sig-cloud-instance-build with small changes so
they can handle ppc64le.  Is this the tool chain you refer to?

Basically, the build script (centos-docker.sh) patches CentOS scripts
(sig-cloud-instance-build and sig-core-t_docker) and other tools (lorax
and virt-manager), then it builds lorax and virt-manager rpm packages,
installs them, and builds docker image using docker/containerbuild.sh.

After image is built, tests from sig-core-t_docker are executed.

By the way, the changes we submitted to CentOS are waiting for review.
What would be the path to obtain feedback from SIG Core and SIG Cloud
Instance folks to review them?  They are:

https://github.com/CentOS/sig-cloud-instance-build/pull/65
https://github.com/CentOS/sig-core-t_docker/pull/2

--
Murilo