[CentOS-devel] CentOS PaaS SIG meeting (2017-02-08)

Troy Dawson tdawson at redhat.com
Wed Feb 8 23:23:29 UTC 2017

Notes from meeting

On Wed, Feb 8, 2017 at 10:02 AM, Troy Dawson <tdawson at redhat.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> It's time for our weekly PaaS SIG sync-up meeting
>
> Time: 1700 UTC - Wedensdays
> Date: Today Wedensday, 08 February 2017
> Where: IRC- Freenode - #centos-devel
>
> Agenda:
> - OpenShift Current StatusI
> -- rpms
> --- Pass / No Pass for origin 1.4.1 and openshift-ansible

The following rpms have been tagged into release.  The should
hopefully be released onto the mirrors tomorrow.
origin-1.4.1-1.el7
ansible-2.2.1.0-2.el7
openshift-ansible-3.4.56-1.el7

The following rpm has been built and tagged into testing.  We plan on
releasing it next week.
openshift-ansible-3.4.59-1.git.0.d813eb7.el7

> -- Documentation
> -- Automated testing and Automated rpm building

Ari and Steve K. are talking about combining openshift origins
automation with the CentOS Paas.  More to come next week.

> -- images / image building
> -- Multi-arch

The patch so we can build on aarch64, ppc64le, x86_64 and even s390
using the same rpm is on it's way.
https://github.com/openshift/origin/pull/12869

Meanwhile we now have a origin 1.5-alpha build in cbs for
x86_64
  https://cbs.centos.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=15509
aarch64
  https://cbs.centos.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=15510

Due to their alpha status these will not be coming to a repo near you.
But you can grab them from cbs.

> - Discussion on having seperate repo for each release
> -- paas7-openshift-origin-1.4, paas7-openshift-origin-1.5

We will be telling upstream openshift we are up to this.  If they say
they want to do it, we'll be requesting the various tags and targets.