[CentOS-devel] CentOS 7.3 docker image for ppc64le available at Unicamp - Call for testers

Sun Feb 5 08:07:08 UTC 2017

On 03/02/17 18:36, Murilo Opsfelder Araújo wrote:
> Hi, CentOS community.
>
> We would like to welcome and invite all of you to test and
> provide us feedback as to the CentOS 7.3 docker image for ppc64le
> available at
>
>     ftp://ftp.unicamp.br/pub/ppc64el/centos/7/images/
>
> This tarball can be easily imported into docker with the
> information shown in the README file.
>
> The tarball was created with the following script
>
>     https://github.com/fabianorosas/centos-docker-ppc64le/blob/master/centos-docker.sh
>
> Consider this an early evaluation.  We intend to get the required
> fixes integrated into CentOS so this image can be fully
> integrated with CentOS Registry.
>
> We would be glad to hear from you!
>
> Thanks!

this is nice! Are you guys using the same tool chain as the CentOS Linux
7 baseimage on x86_64 ? We've recently added some more ppc capacity, and
might be able to use some of that to do builds for these images, if the
tool chains are the same

--
Karanbir Singh