[CentOS-devel] Building Debian packages on ci.centos.org?

Brian Stinson brian at bstinson.com
Tue Jan 17 21:10:08 UTC 2017

On Jan 17 13:39, Ken Dreyer wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I'm thinking about how we can migrate some of the jobs on
> jenkins.ceph.com to ci.centos.org.
>
> One of the barriers to entry for Ceph is that our jenkins.ceph.com
> jobs output both RPMs and DEBs for every branch, and keeping parity
> between the two formats is important.
>
> If we "brought our own" Jenkins slaves for building .deb packages,
> could we use the ci.centos.org infrastructure?
>
> - Ken

There may be a couple of options. But a bit of context first:
ci.centos.org as a service is meant to be relatively self-contained,
it's difficult (and unlikely from a management perspective) to connect
out to jenkins agents running outside of our control. One way may be to
check out some duffy nodes and build there either on VMs, or otherwise
depending on what the toolchain needs. This may get easier as we build
out the cico cloud.

Would these packages be used as test artifacts, or where would these
packages eventually end up? We want to focus on supporting folks
validating on/by/for CentOS (but I realize that sometimes consolidation
across distros is helpful).

--Brian