[CentOS-devel] Any plans to update sclo-vagrant1?

Jeff Sheltren jeff at tag1consulting.com
Fri Jan 20 14:28:15 UTC 2017

On Fri, Jan 20, 2017 at 3:20 AM, Laurentiu Pancescu <lpancescu at gmail.com>
wrote:

> If you'd rather update to a newer version, Vagrant 1.9.1 broke at least
> private networking (eth0 is preconfigured by our image, but the additional
> network interfaces that Vagrant 1.9.1 configures don't get an IP address -
> I assume public networking is broken as well, but I only tried private
> networking).  I also saw some entries concerning NFS in the upstream issue
> tracker, not sure if it's caused by the same bug. Versions 1.9.0 and 1.8.6
> work for me.

I believe you're referring to this bug in Vagrant 1.9.1 (
https://github.com/mitchellh/vagrant/issues/8166) which also links out to
some other related/duplicate issues.  FWIW, it appears a manual 'service
network restart' will load the network interfaces that get disabled by
Vagrant. At least that worked for me, obviously not ideal though.  Sadly
there seem to be quite a few "breaking" issues in recent Vagrant releases,
seemingly due to lack of testing upstream :(  They do get fixed, but it can
take weeks for new releases to be pushed including the fix.

-Jeff