[CentOS-devel] Enable ppc64le architecture in ci.centos.org

Murilo Opsfelder Araújo

muriloo at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Mon Jan 23 20:14:01 UTC 2017

Hi, Karanbir and CentOS community.

I am starting this thread to understand what is needed to enable
ppc64le architecture in ci.centos.org, be it hardware, software, or
any roadblock.  As soon as we understand all the requirements, I will
be pleased to work with you to sort them out.

Ideally speaking, we would like to have all relevant checks and
validations performed against amd64 to be executed on ppc64le as well,
for all the relevant SIGs.

We also would like to see docker and cloud images, in general, being
created and validated for ppc64le as part of CentOS pipelines.

As of 7.3, CentOS on ppc64le became a lot easier, meaning, for
example, that nested qemu/KVM virtualization works out of the box; and
creating and running docker images in CentOS guest works just fine.

To get the ball rolling, below is a short list of needed changes to
create, run, and test docker images on CentOS 7.3:

  - https://github.com/rhinstaller/lorax/pull/149
  - https://github.com/virt-manager/virt-manager/commit/cd35470e3c55aa64976cd0a96a6cfd756f71de17
  - https://github.com/CentOS/sig-cloud-instance-build/pull/65
  - https://github.com/CentOS/sig-core-t_docker/pull/2

I am looking forward to work with you and define our next steps
together.

Thank you!

--
Murilo