[CentOS-devel] Should we skip the next Vagrant release (v1612)?

Laurentiu Pancescu

lpancescu at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 17:11:39 UTC 2017

Hello,

we usually perform monthly releases for our Vagrant images, containing
updated packages and some enhancements or bug fixes to the images
themselves.  Since we now have a C7 builder, I tried again to disable
kdump in our images, but CBS still didn't play along. [1]  As for
updated packages, the only update missing from our last Vagrant images
(v1611.01) is vim-minimal, whose size is just 436kB.

 From my perspective, that doesn't justify the work involved in
releasing another Vagrant image, neither for us nor for our users.  I
would suggest staying with 1611 as the current release, at least until
we have some significant changes.

Best regards,
Laurențiu

[1] https://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=12169