[CentOS-devel] Any plans to update sclo-vagrant1?

Laurentiu Pancescu

lpancescu at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 11:20:00 UTC 2017

Hello,

Oracle actively supports two VirtualBox release lines: 5.0 and 5.1.  In
my experience, 5.1.x releases are a little faster in some operations,
but have some annoying bugs that 5.0.x don't.  Oracle prominently
features 5.1 as the default download, and it is also the version in the
repos of most Linux distros (Debian Jessie backports[1], Testing and
Unstable, Arch, OpenSUSE, OpenMandriva, Ubuntu 16.10 - only Ubuntu 16.04
LTS has 5.0).

The CI test for our Vagrant images already tested with libvirt-kvm and
VirtualBox 5.0; I extended it for testing with VirtualBox 5.1 as well,
in a branch, but the test fails because sclo-vagrant1, based on upstream
Vagrant 1.8.1, only supports VirtualBox up to version 5.0 (support for
5.1 first came in Vagrant 1.8.5).  Are there any plans to upgrade
sclo-vagrant1 to a more recent upstream version, or perhaps backport the
support for 5.1 to the current sclo-vagrant1? [2]

If you'd rather update to a newer version, Vagrant 1.9.1 broke at least
private networking (eth0 is preconfigured by our image, but the
additional network interfaces that Vagrant 1.9.1 configures don't get an
IP address - I assume public networking is broken as well, but I only
tried private networking).  I also saw some entries concerning NFS in
the upstream issue tracker, not sure if it's caused by the same bug.
Versions 1.9.0 and 1.8.6 work for me.

Best regards,
Laurențiu

[1] https://www.debian.org/security/2016/dsa-3699