[CentOS-devel] How should a SIG setup dependencies on Ansible

Niels de Vos

ndevos at redhat.com
Thu Jan 26 17:00:59 UTC 2017

Hi,

In the Storage SIG we have several tools that depend on Ansible. What
would be the best approach to make the Ansible packages available for
users that want to install these tools?

For a concrete example, the gdeploy tool for Gluster can automate
installation and configuration of Gluster and integrated projects (like
Samba and NFS-Ganesha) through a simple configuration file. Internally
gdeploy generates Ansible playbooks and can run them.

Lets assume we put gdeploy in a YUM repository from the Storage SIG.
Because gdeploy depends on Ansible, we either need to:

a. tag/sign/push some Ansible package from the CBS in the Storage SIG
b. add a dependency on centos-release-<ansible?> in the
   centos-release-gluster package (which c-r-ansible?)
c. something else (please specify)

My preference would be to go with (b). I do not really want to care
about the Ansible packages and their updates. It would be easier for me
to have the SIG providing Ansible take care of that.

Thanks,
Niels