[CentOS-devel] Ceph status update in the storage SIG

David Moreau Simard

dms at redhat.com
Fri Jan 27 15:41:33 UTC 2017

Hi centos-devel,

François Cami posted in December, seeking help to maintain the Ceph
packages within the Storage SIG intiative [1].

With this, we've got reinforcements -- the new members of the storage
SIG for Ceph packaging are:
- David Moreau Simard
- Giulio Fidente
- Thomas Oulevey

We've already begun kicking the tires and tagged Ceph Jewel 10.2.3 for
release (which had been in testing since September).
Ceph Jewel 10.2.5 has been built and will likely be tagged to -testing
after some initial testing.

We're also in the process of updating Ceph Hammer from 0.94.6 to
0.94.9, although note that we're beyond the scheduled EOL territory
for Hammer [2].
It does not seem Hammer is officially EOL yet, I'll reach out to
upstream for details.

After Jewel and Hammer are both up to date and released, we will
consider if we have the necessary resources to handle Kraken or if
we'd prefer holding out for the next LTS release.

Also, one more thing to note is that we are moving away from
maintaining our own dist-git repositories in favor of rebuilding
straight from upstream source RPMs and have updated the github
repository accordingly [3].

Please let us know if you have any questions !

David Moreau Simard

dmsimard = [irc, github, twitter]

[1]: https://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-devel/2016-December/015479.html
[2]: http://docs.ceph.com/docs/master/releases/