[CentOS-devel] Building Debian packages on ci.centos.org?

Ken Dreyer

kdreyer at redhat.com
Tue Jan 17 21:52:28 UTC 2017

On Tue, Jan 17, 2017 at 2:10 PM, Brian Stinson <brian at bstinson.com> wrote:
> Would these packages be used as test artifacts, or where would these
> packages eventually end up?

That's right, these are (usually) test artifacts that our labs consume.

Jenkins jobs run pbuilder (a tool similar to mock)
  -> uploads .debs to a "repository" host
      -> this host runs reprepro (a tool similar to createrepo)
          -> our lab boxes consume the repos

The idea is that any users on the internet can consume the artifacts
as well for basic testing.

If we can't use Ubuntu VMs directly, can we run Ubuntu docker images
on the CentOS-managed slaves? It's possible to run pbuilder inside
docker (using --privileged).

In terms of repository hosting, we'd be happy to generate and host the
repos independently for now, or do it in a VM within CentOS (would
that be similar to trunk.rdoproject.org ?)

- Ken