[CentOS-devel] [opstools] Getting opstools content to mirror.c.o

Matthias Runge

mrunge at matthias-runge.de
Wed Jan 25 10:18:43 UTC 2017

On Wed, Jan 25, 2017 at 04:00:47AM -0600, Brian Stinson wrote:
> On Jan 25 10:17, Matthias Runge wrote:
> > what's the process to get the opstools content released for testing
> > purpose on buildlogs.c.o over to a more "official" location on
> > the mirrors? What do we need to do to get rpms signed there?
>
> Make sure you build a release package with the corresponding repo files,
> and open a bug for us, the directory on mirror.c.o corresponds to your
> SIG shortname (e.g.: opstools). Details here:
>
> https://wiki.centos.org/SIGGuide/Content/Release

Thank you!

Building a centos-release-* package is something like a
hen-and-egg-problem: You need to know the location where it's going
to be distributed to be able to build a config for it, providing that
exact unknown location.

What should I put in for opstools in this case?

There is a centos-release-opstools package currently included in the
testing repo on buildlogs.c.o. Upstream source is here[1].

Would
https://mirrors.centos.org/centos/7/opstools/x86_64/
be an appropriate (and available) location?

Who would take care of signing those rpms? Who would create the key?
Do we sign content from SIGs at all?

Best,
Matthias

[1] https://github.com/centos-opstools/centos-release-opstools