[CentOS-devel] CentOS PaaS SIG meeting (2017-01-25) [New Item]

Troy Dawson

tdawson at redhat.com
Wed Jan 25 20:41:22 UTC 2017

Everyone missed a great meeting, including me.
Sorry about that.  I got pulled into a different meeting that overlapped.
Here are some highlights that were going to be said.

On Wed, Jan 25, 2017 at 8:45 AM, Troy Dawson <tdawson at redhat.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> It's time for our weekly PaaS SIG sync-up meeting
>
> Time: 1700 UTC - Wedensdays
> Date: Today Wedensday, 25 January 2017
> Where: IRC- Freenode - #centos-devel
>
> Agenda:
> - OpenShift Current StatusI
> -- rpms

--- origin 1.3.3 - released and on mirrors
--- openshift-ansible-3.3.54-1.git.0.61a1dee.el7 - released and on mirrors
--- origin 1.4.1
---- Should be built by end of day today
--- openshift-ansible-3.4.55 - Fixing bugs (our patches didn't apply)
---- Should be built by end of day today

> -- Documentation
> -- Automated testing
> -- images / image building

--- See discussion section.  Could effect image building.

> -- Multi-arch

The main script that we use to build the origin binaries has changed.
Hopefully for the better because the person doing the changing wants
multi-arch to work.
But I haven't had a chance to test anything.

> - Discussion on having seperate repo for each release
> -- paas7-openshift-origin-1.4, paas7-openshift-origin-1.5

Upstream (OpenShift Origin) was wondering if we would like to separate
our origin repo into releases.  In other words, have a
paas7-openshift-origin-1.4, paas7-openshift-origin-1.5, etc.
Our common repo could remain the same.

Con:
Have to create a separate batch of tags and repo each time.
Have to change our automation
Pro:
More inline with Downstream (OpenShift Container Platform)
Users could stay on their version longer, without fear of accidentally
upgrading themselves.