[CentOS-devel] Bug #12169 not yet fixed

Fabian Arrotin arrfab at centos.org
Tue Jul 25 08:21:13 UTC 2017

On 22/07/17 13:30, Laurentiu Pancescu wrote:
> Hello Fabian and Thomas,
>
> I think bug #12169 might have been closed prematurely (again).  The
> reported issue is that %addon sections are ignored by CBS, not that we
> need to upgrade our infra to CentOS Linux 7 (that was just what we
> initially thought to be enough to avoid the problem).
>
> The problem was that pykickstart had no support for %addon sections, and
> it removed any unknown section from generated file.  I reported this
> upstream a while ago, and Chris Lumens added a workaround 12 days ago. [2]
>
> Could we incorporate the two upstream commits into our .srpm and let me
> test it first, please? :)
>
> Thanks,
> Laurențiu
>
> [1] https://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=12169
> [2]
> https://github.com/rhinstaller/pykickstart/issues/154#issuecomment-314172112

Hi Laurentiu,

Thanks for the reminder : bug is now back to "acknowledged" and your
proposal makes sense : can you rebuild pykickstart in CBS with the
added/needed patches ? That way we'll be able to test together that it
works fine. If so, we'll add it in the infra repository used by the CBS
nodes.

--
Fabian Arrotin
gpg key: 56BEC54E | twitter: @arrfab