[CentOS-devel] Updated CentOS images for Vagrant

Laurentiu Pancescu

lpancescu at centosproject.org
Tue Jul 4 16:11:57 UTC 2017

Hello Vagrant users,

we just released updated CentOS images for Vagrant, v1706.01.  That's
not that interesting in itself, since there are just updated packages
(nothing else), but Hashicorp moved the hosting of all Vagrant images
away from Atlas, to Vagrant Cloud.  To add to the confusion, they didn't
move it back to vagrantcloud.com, where it used to be - they host it on
app.vagrantup.com.  They wrote that they will provide redirects, so the
move should be transparent for end users.  I didn't try if SCL Vagrant
still works, but a small tool I wrote, Endymion, still uses Atlas links
and works just as before (except for an extra redirect).

On the positive side, "centos/7" is now the fourth most popular image on
Vagrant Cloud:

https://app.vagrantup.com/boxes/search

If you encounter any problems after the move away from Atlas, please
post a message to the list.

Best regards,
Laurențiu

https://www.hashicorp.com/blog/vagrant-cloud-migration-announcement/