[CentOS-devel] Bug #12169 not yet fixed

Laurentiu Pancescu

lpancescu at centosproject.org
Sat Jul 22 11:30:46 UTC 2017

Hello Fabian and Thomas,

I think bug #12169 might have been closed prematurely (again).  The
reported issue is that %addon sections are ignored by CBS, not that we
need to upgrade our infra to CentOS Linux 7 (that was just what we
initially thought to be enough to avoid the problem).

The problem was that pykickstart had no support for %addon sections, and
it removed any unknown section from generated file.  I reported this
upstream a while ago, and Chris Lumens added a workaround 12 days ago. [2]

Could we incorporate the two upstream commits into our .srpm and let me
test it first, please? :)

Thanks,
Laurențiu

[1] https://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=12169