[CentOS-devel] Azure Cloud Images

Lance Dryden

lkd-centos at sky-haven.net
Wed Jun 14 14:31:22 UTC 2017

On 2017-05-19T13:28:41+0100, Karanbir Singh wrote:

> I have the patch in, will try and get this turned around next week

Howdy,

So I looked at CentOS-7-x86_64-Azure-1705.qcow2. Unfortunately the
waagent.service unit is not enabled within the image, so this image
doesn't start correctly on Azure.

Given the spec file in https://github.com/szarkos/AzureBuildCentOS,
it seems that a preset file in /lib/systemd/system-preset will fix
this problem during the install and prep. Doing exactly this by running
the image in qemu-kvm, generating the preset, then `rpm --erase` /
`rpm --install` worked.

(For those who are curious: on Azure Cloud Platform, the guest VM
must have this agent installed and turned on so that it calls home.
Otherwise, provisioning fails.)

  Yours, &c
  Lance Dryden