[CentOS-devel] Azure Cloud Images

Patrick Laimbock patrick at laimbock.com
Wed Jun 14 15:23:32 UTC 2017

Hi Lance,

On 14-06-17 16:31, Lance Dryden wrote:
> Howdy,
>
> So I looked at CentOS-7-x86_64-Azure-1705.qcow2. Unfortunately the
> waagent.service unit is not enabled within the image, so this image
> doesn't start correctly on Azure.

Thanks for the feedback.

> Given the spec file in https://github.com/szarkos/AzureBuildCentOS,
> it seems that a preset file in /lib/systemd/system-preset will fix
> this problem during the install and prep. Doing exactly this by running
> the image in qemu-kvm, generating the preset, then `rpm --erase` /
> `rpm --install` worked.

Pending a fixed image, if you have guestfish installed I think you can
enable the waagent.service with:

$ guestfish -a ./CentOS-7-x86_64-Azure-1705.qcow2 -i ln-sf
/usr/lib/systemd/system/waagent.service
/etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/waagent.service

After that waagent.service seems enabled judging from a quick check with
guestfish but I haven't actually booted the image:

 ><fs> ls /etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/
NetworkManager.service
auditd.service
chronyd.service
crond.service