[CentOS-devel] wrong symbol for strings(") in vagrant box description

Laurențiu Păncescu lpancescu at gmail.com
Thu Jun 22 16:31:14 UTC 2017

Hi Rafal,

On Thu, Jun 22, 2017 at 5:49 PM Rafal Skolasinski <r.j.skolasinski at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I just noticed that in
> https://seven.centos.org/2017/06/updated-centos-vagrant-images-available-v1705-01/
>
> line that reads about sync folders
>
> config.vm.synced_folder “.”, “/vagrant”, type: “virtualbox”
>

> uses the wrong symbol for strings (") and after copying into Vagrantfile
> causes a cryptic error message.

This is caused  by Wordpress' typography "feature" that changes regular
quotes into "smart quotes" everywhere, even in <code> elements. There's no
Wordpress setting to disable that, as far as I know, but it seems doable
via plugins. [1]

I remember we received complaints in the past about copy&paste of code
examples being broken (in blog comments on seven.c.o). Since I only have
"author" privileges in Wordpress, there's nothing I can do about it myself,
but it's good you brought it up here. I think such typography features make
less sense for technical blogs like ours than they do for humanistic
contents.

Any thoughts from a seven.c.o admin?

Regards,
Laurențiu