[CentOS-devel] Please allow me to introduce myself... (as a Ceph contributor)

Niels de Vos

ndevos at redhat.com
Tue Jun 20 09:32:40 UTC 2017

On Mon, Jun 19, 2017 at 05:42:39PM -0600, Al Stone wrote:
> Howdy.
>
> I've recently had the desire to get more involved in the CentOS community --
> both from professional and personal interests.  So, please allow me to introduce
> myself to both CentOS folks, and to storage folks in particular.
>
> I have two goals, really: (1) make sure that Ceph upstream builds from scratch
> on aarch64 and ppc64le; that also means making sure that initial tests (i.e.,
> make check) pass and that ultimately the full test suite passes; (2) make sure
> that the CentOS packages are as close to upstream as possible.

Welcome Al!

I've added you as a member to the GitHub team that manages the Ceph
"dist-git like" repositories under https://github.com/CentOS-Storage-SIG
Once you are ready, please check with alphacc, fcami, dmsimard, gfidente
and number80 (IRC nicks in #centos-devel) what they were planning for
the Ceph packages in the Storage SIG.

Let me know if there is anything unclear or if there is something you
need additional priviledges for or assistence with.

Thanks,
Niels