[CentOS-devel] git.centos.org maint 19th June 15:00 UTC

Laurentiu Pancescu

lpancescu at gmail.com
Fri Jun 23 17:07:59 UTC 2017

On 23/06/17 19:00, Karanbir Singh wrote:
>>> https://git.centos.org/rpc/?req=LIST_REPOSITORIES
>>
>> Indeed, all upstream examples now contain the trailing slash (which is
>> how I got the idea of trying that out in the first place). [1]
>>
>> Karanbir was thinking yesterday about adding a redirection so that the
>> old URLs keep working.  I suspect the root cause could be a change in
>> Tomcat, but it can be configured to automatically add the trailing
>> slash, if missing. [2]  Maybe this would be better than HTTP redirects,
>> as it would need fewer requests.
>
> i had a brief look this morning, there are quite a few implications of a
> generic redirect like that.

"curl -I https://git.centos.org/rpc?req=LIST_REPOSITORIES" still
produces a 404 for me right now, while the version with the slash works.
  Anyway, the 404 page contains a "Powered by Jetty" banner, so it
probably doesn't matter what Tomcat would do.  I thought Jetty would add
a trailing slash by default - apparently not...

Regards,
Laurențiu