[CentOS-devel] CentOS 7.3 docker image for ppc64le is now available

Jim Perrin jperrin at centos.org
Mon Mar 20 18:11:39 UTC 2017

On 03/20/2017 02:03 PM, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> On 08/03/17 20:36, Murilo Opsfelder Araújo wrote:
>> Hello, CentOS community.
>>
>> I would like to let you know that a CentOS 7.3 docker image for ppc64le
>> is now available at Docker Hub:
>>
>>     https://hub.docker.com/r/ppc64le/centos/
>>
>> We proceed investigating CentOS Container Pipeline to include it in
>> CentOS Registry.
>>

> From the project side i think we should look at hosting this as just
> another tag rather than its a separate namespace entirely.
>
> What would be involved in getting to that point ?

So the way we do this for the other base containers, it would need to be
committed into its own branch in
https://github.com/CentOS/sig-cloud-instance-images/  in a docker
directory as the other builds are done.

It would also need a Dockerfile, and optionally a cppp.yaml file and
detached gpg signature of the tarball.

These are done as orphaned branches so that the git repo bloat is
mitigated somewhat.

--
Jim Perrin