[CentOS-devel] Minishift in PaaS SIG

Marcin Dulak marcin.dulak at gmail.com
Mon Mar 20 22:17:49 UTC 2017

On Thu, Mar 16, 2017 at 11:58 AM, Marcin Dulak <marcin.dulak at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 16, 2017 at 11:55 AM, Lalatendu Mohanty <lmohanty at redhat.com>
> wrote:
>

>> On Wed, Mar 15, 2017 at 1:30 AM, Marcin Dulak <marcin.dulak at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,

>>> I would like to help.
>>> Got https://github.com/minishift/minishift/blob/master/READM
>>> E.md#deploying-a-sample-application run with virtualbox 5.1.14r112924
>>> and minishift-1.0.0-beta.5-linux-amd64.tgz
>>>
>>> My packaging experience:
>>> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/packager/marcindulak/
>>>

>> Thanks for the offer for helping with Minishift.
>>

>>> Any specific tasks that may correspond to my profile?
>>>

>> There are two tasks for Minishift.  First we need to create a RPM for
>> Minishift binary.
>>

> OK, I think I can contribute to this.

https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/marcindulak/minishift/builds/ - it
looks like the following dependencies are needed on CentOS7, and a couple
packages less on Fedora:

DEBUG util.py:439:  Error: No Package found for
golang(github.com/DATA-DOG/godog)
DEBUG util.py:439:  Error: No Package found for
golang(github.com/DATA-DOG/godog/gherkin)
DEBUG util.py:439:  Error: No Package found for
golang(github.com/asaskevich/govalidator)
DEBUG util.py:439:  Error: No Package found for golang(github.com/blang/semver)
DEBUG util.py:439:  Error: No Package found for
golang(github.com/docker/go-units)
DEBUG util.py:439:  Error: No Package found for
golang(github.com/docker/machine/drivers/fakedriver)
DEBUG util.py:439:  Error: No Package found for
golang(github.com/docker/machine/drivers/hyperv)
DEBUG util.py:439:  Error: No Package found for
golang(github.com/docker/machine/drivers/virtualbox)
DEBUG util.py:439:  Error: No Package found for
golang(github.com/docker/machine/drivers/vmwarefusion)
DEBUG util.py:439:  Error: No Package found for
golang(github.com/docker/machine/libmachine)
DEBUG util.py:439:  Error: No Package found for
golang(github.com/docker/machine/libmachine/auth)
DEBUG util.py:439:  Error: No Package found for
golang(github.com/docker/machine/libmachine/drivers)
DEBUG util.py:439:  Error: No Package found for
golang(github.com/docker/machine/libmachine/drivers/plugin)
DEBUG util.py:439:  Error: No Package found for
golang(github.com/docker/machine/libmachine/drivers/plugin/localbinary)
DEBUG util.py:439:  Error: No Package found for
golang(github.com/docker/machine/libmachine/engine)
DEBUG util.py:439:  Error: No Package found for
golang(github.com/docker/machine/libmachine/host)
DEBUG util.py:439:  Error: No Package found for
golang(github.com/docker/machine/libmachine/log)
DEBUG util.py:439:  Error: No Package found for
golang(github.com/docker/machine/libmachine/mcnerror)
DEBUG util.py:439:  Error: No Package found for
golang(github.com/docker/machine/libmachine/mcnflag)
DEBUG util.py:439:  Error: No Package found for
golang(github.com/docker/machine/libmachine/mcnutils)
DEBUG util.py:439:  Error: No Package found for
golang(github.com/docker/machine/libmachine/provision)
DEBUG util.py:439:  Error: No Package found for
golang(github.com/docker/machine/libmachine/provision/pkgaction)
DEBUG util.py:439:  Error: No Package found for
golang(github.com/docker/machine/libmachine/provision/provisiontest)
DEBUG util.py:439:  Error: No Package found for
golang(github.com/docker/machine/libmachine/provision/serviceaction)
DEBUG util.py:439:  Error: No Package found for
golang(github.com/docker/machine/libmachine/shell)
DEBUG util.py:439:  Error: No Package found for
golang(github.com/docker/machine/libmachine/ssh)
DEBUG util.py:439:  Error: No Package found for
golang(github.com/docker/machine/libmachine/state)
DEBUG util.py:439:  Error: No Package found for
golang(github.com/docker/machine/libmachine/swarm)
DEBUG util.py:439:  Error: No Package found for golang(github.com/golang/glog)
DEBUG util.py:439:  Error: No Package found for
golang(github.com/google/go-github/github)
DEBUG util.py:439:  Error: No Package found for
golang(github.com/inconshreveable/go-update)
DEBUG util.py:439:  Error: No Package found for
golang(github.com/kardianos/osext)
DEBUG util.py:439:  Error: No Package found for
golang(github.com/olekukonko/tablewriter)
DEBUG util.py:439:  Error: No Package found for golang(github.com/pborman/uuid)
DEBUG util.py:439:  Error: No Package found for golang(github.com/pkg/browser)
DEBUG util.py:439:  Error: No Package found for golang(github.com/spf13/viper)
DEBUG util.py:439:  Error: No Package found for golang(golang.org/x/oauth2)
DEBUG util.py:439:  Error: No Package found for
golang(k8s.io/kubernetes/pkg/api)
DEBUG util.py:439:  Error: No Package found for
golang(k8s.io/kubernetes/pkg/api/v1)
DEBUG util.py:439:  Error: No Package found for
golang(k8s.io/kubernetes/pkg/client/unversioned)
DEBUG util.py:439:  Error: No Package found for
golang(k8s.io/kubernetes/pkg/client/unversioned/clientcmd)
DEBUG util.py:439:  Error: No Package found for
golang(k8s.io/kubernetes/pkg/client/unversioned/clientcmd/api)
DEBUG util.py:439:  Error: No Package found for
golang(k8s.io/kubernetes/pkg/client/unversioned/clientcmd/api/latest)

Don't know about the required dependencies versions.

I see also that several dependencies have been added to minishift git
250c9ed compared to beta5.

https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/logic/vault/ seems working on
getting some of the dependencies into Fedora,

but there are also several packages present in Fedora but absent in
EPEL7 (the main one: k8s).

Marcin