[CentOS-devel] Container rebuilds for Centos-Dockerfiles

Bamacharan Kundu

bkundu at redhat.com
Tue Mar 21 10:33:35 UTC 2017

Hi All,
    We are building most of the dockerfiles from centos-dockerfiles[1]
in CentOS Community Container Pipeline[2]. These are built and pushed to
registry.centos.org[3].

If there is any update to the source git repo of dockerfile, container
gets updated with rebuilt and pushed to registry.

Now we are having all the dockerfiles for centos-dockerfiles under same
repo[1]. So if there is any change to any of these dockerfiles, all the
images gets rebuilt. Which is not required and making the pipeline to
get busy for a while.

To solve this can we take following routes.
1. Make a single dockerfile to stay in one repo.
2. Make jenkins able to track the exact dockerfile changed. This is not
efficient as we need to make sure image is rebuilt when there is change
in source codes other than the dockerfile.

Could you please share your thoughts on this?

Regards
Bama Charan Kundu

[1] https://github.com/CentOS/CentOS-Dockerfiles
[2] https://github.com/CentOS/container-pipeline-service