[CentOS-devel] Request for feedback: CentOS-Atomic container

Karanbir Singh

mail-lists at karan.org
Mon Mar 20 18:34:44 UTC 2017

hi

Alpha2: registry.centos.org/kbsingh/centos-atomic:7-alpha2

The CentOS Atomic Container is a minimal ( 30MB on disk ) image that can
be used to host static content, and small footprint content that does
not need the entire CentOS Linux Base image. This is also not meant to
replace CentOS Linux Base image as the default, we want to make it
available as an additional container base for apps that find it useful.

The main highlight is that it does not contain yum, but has microdnf.

I am looking for feedback, and some wider testing as well as
recommendations on howto further reduce size,  before we move to
release. You can consume this as :

docker run -t -i \
  registry.centos.org/kbsingh/centos-atomic:7-alpha2 \
  /bin/bash

regards

--
Karanbir Singh