[CentOS-devel] CentOS 7 extras for alternative arches and Koji workflow.

Karanbir Singh

mail-lists at karan.org
Wed Mar 15 15:58:23 UTC 2017

On 15/03/17 09:28, Fabian Arrotin wrote:

> So my understanding is that the problem relies on the fact that there
> isn't even a policy around Extras repository now. So it's up to the
> people allowed to build/sign/push to know what they'll add in Extras,
> and only in the arches they care about.

https://wiki.centos.org/AdditionalResources/Repositories has a
definition for the Extras repos. on C7 it should include what is
upstream in the Extras/ repos ( provided we are able to build it ), and
other things that are needed sometimes to build content in base / updates.

In addition to this, Extras should contain all centos-release-* files
from the SIG's.

The only other content that should make it into Extras should be content
vetted by the core sig, considered fundamental to user experience or
tooling for user experience. ie. a fairly high barrier to entry.

Does that give us enough policy wording for Extras ? Do we have
exceptions we need to work through ?

--
Karanbir Singh