[CentOS-devel] Vagrant images for Hyper-V

Laurentiu Pancescu lpancescu at gmail.com
Tue May 2 07:27:14 UTC 2017

On 01/05/17 05:37, Patrick Lang wrote:
> Centos 6.1.1 - Vagrant didn't find an IP address upon bootup. I logged in
> via the console and the Hyper-V virtual NIC was on eth1 which didn't have
> dhclient configured. I ran dhclient manually, then vagrant ssh was able to
> find the IP

Patrick, would it be possible for you to check the MAC address of the
NIC inside the Vagrant box?  If you login in a console, "ip addr show
dev eth1 scope link" should display it as "link/ether".  It should be
set to 52:54:00:f8:36:8f for our configuration to work properly.  If the
MAC happens to be another value like 00:15:5D:01:07:DC, which is the
Image Factory default for MacAddress in the generated Hyper-V XML, eth0
would probably be renamed to eth1 - not 100% sure.

You could also try to add 'config.vm.base_mac = "5254008815b6"' to your
Vagrantfile before booting the box for the first time (that's only
documented for VirtualBox, no idea if it has any effect on Hyper-V boxes).

Thanks,
Laurențiu