[CentOS-devel] CentOS 7 extras for alternative arches and Koji workflow.

Jim Perrin

jperrin at centos.org
Thu May 18 05:43:51 UTC 2017

On 05/08/2017 06:14 PM, Sandro Bonazzola wrote:

>     Adding here notes I sent in a different thread, for reference.
>     I'm facing some discrepancies in repositories structure for ppc64le.
>
>     In x86_64 qemu-kvm-ev is shipped within
>     http://mirror.centos.org/centos/7/virt/x86_64/kvm-common/
>     <http://mirror.centos.org/centos/7/virt/x86_64/kvm-common/>
>     which is the path I was expecting. Now, looking at ppc64le I see it
>     shipped within:
>     http://mirror.centos.org/altarch/7/extras/ppc64le/Packages/
>     <http://mirror.centos.org/altarch/7/extras/ppc64le/Packages/>
>     and being extras enabled by default it overrides qemu-kvm shipped by
>     core os.
>     Can we at least replicate the same structure between
>     http://mirror.centos.org/centos/7
>     <http://mirror.centos.org/centos/7> and http://mirror.centos.org/altarch/7
>     <http://mirror.centos.org/altarch/7> ?
>

> Any update?

This is partly required for ppc64le and aarch64 as well (I do this in
aarch64 as well). Both require, and are built against the newer/sig
qemu-kvm-ev, because the upstream RH release builds them against
qemu-kvm-rhev rather than the older distro qemu-kvm. There are a number
of distro components built against them, so it's needed for repoclosure.

--
Jim Perrin