[CentOS-devel] Bazel test cases timing out on CentOS 7.

Anssi Johansson

avij at centosproject.org
Fri May 19 16:02:52 UTC 2017

Atul Sowani kirjoitti 18.5.2017 klo 11.50:
>  > If your kernel version is 3.10.0-123 then you are *way* backlevel. That
>  > is the original 7.0 kernel and the rest of your system is likely to also
>  > be at the same 2.5 year old level. You should `yum update` and retest on
>  > 7.3.
>  >
>  > Trevor
>  >

> I upgraded the kernel version to 4.11.1-1.el7.elrepo.x86_64 #1 SMP Sun
> May 14 11:54:29 EDT 2017 and performed the tests. However the result
> remains unchanged - the test hangs. I can provide the complete log file
> if required.

You really should have run "yum update" to get your system updated,
instead of installing a non-CentOS kernel. This makes it more difficult
for others to reproduce your results. In addition to the kernel, you may
also have glibc and other libraries from the 7.0 era. A simple "yum
update" would have fixed that.

My recommendation would be to set up a fresh CentOS 7.3 system, run "yum
update" without installing any 3rd party repositories, reboot, and then
try to reproduce the issue on that system.