[CentOS-devel] where should we build nsible-2.4.1 in CBS?

Fabian Arrotin arrfab at centos.org
Tue Nov 21 06:27:11 UTC 2017

On 21/11/17 00:01, Ken Dreyer wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 16, 2017 at 2:42 AM, Fabian Arrotin <arrfab at centos.org> wrote:

>>> I tried another build today
>>> (https://cbs.centos.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=241860) and it failed to
>>> find ansible-2.4.1.0. I opened
>>> https://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=14131 . Is "Extras" set up as an
>>> external repo in CBS for the ceph build targets?
>>>
>>> - Ken
>>
>> That happens when CBS/Koji doesn't know (yet) that new package[s] is/are
>> available in those external repos : don't forget that the builders don't
>> use the repomd metadata from those os/updates/extras repositories from
>> source, but rather from what CBS/koji exposes.
>>
>> The task to run "koji regen-repo" runs actually on demand and was
>> triggered in the mean time, so it should be now available for all
>> buildroots that have Extras enabled.
>
> Hi Fabian,
>
> Thanks for the explanation!
>
> https://cbs.centos.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=20774 failed on Nov 20th
> with the same error.
>
> I'm looking at our ceph-jewel build tag:
>
> $ cbs taginfo storage7-ceph-jewel-el7-build
> Tag: storage7-ceph-jewel-el7-build [740]
> Arches: x86_64 aarch64 ppc64le
> Groups: build, srpm-build
> Tag options:
> This tag is a buildroot for one or more targets
> Current repo: repo#51946: 2017-11-18 08:10:13.074984
> Targets that build from this tag:
>   storage7-ceph-jewel-el7
> External repos:
>     2 centos7-cr (http://mirror.centos.org/centos/7/cr/$arch/)
>     3 centos7-extras (http://mirror.centos.org/centos/7/extras/$arch/)
>     5 centos7-updates (http://mirror.centos.org/centos/7/updates/$arch/)
>    10 centos7-os (http://mirror.centos.org/centos/7/os/$arch/)
> Inheritance:
>   5    .... buildsys7 [6]
>   10   .... storage7-ceph-jewel-candidate [737]
>   15   .... storage7-ceph-common-candidate [653]
>   20   .... storage7-common-candidate [119]
>

> It looks like "extras" is enabled there, right? And it was regenerated
> Nov 18th, two days after your email.
>
> What am I missing?
>
> - Ken

Hi Ken,

Yes, I saw that failed build, and I even tried to ping you in
#centos-devel to discuss this with you, but let's do it here
Centos 7 extras is indeed enabled , *but* you have ansible specifically
tagged in your repo , something you can see with (and also who added it)  :

cbs list-pkgs --tag=storage7-ceph-jewel-el7-build|grep ansible

So it will pick the one that was "added" for that repo, and not the one
from the "external" (from Koji PoV) repo, in this case centos 7 extras.

That's also what you can see from mock for that build:

cbs mock-config --task 244229 , that reveals the pkgs list :
https://cbs.centos.org/kojifiles/repos/storage7-ceph-jewel-el7-build/51946/x86_64/pkglist
 and so it shows ansible 2.3.1.0

At this point, you should probably sync with other SIG members and
confirm that you can "remove" ansible from your SIG repo (if nobody else
has a specific need for older ansible version) and so it will now use
the one from Extras

See " cbs remove-pkg" to remove ansible from your tag[s] and then it
should regenerate the internal repo metadata and combine that with the
ones from external repos, and so start fetching pkgs from extras if same
pkg (with different NVR) isn't declared in the internal tag/repo anymore

Hope this helps clarifying the situation

PS : if you confirm that it works, we'll also enhance the wiki /
SIGGuide so that it will be documented for everybody in a central place

--
Fabian Arrotin
gpg key: 56BEC54E | twitter: @arrfab