[CentOS-devel] ppc64 repository contains ppc packages

Mihai Moldovan

ionic at ionic.de
Wed Nov 15 20:57:23 UTC 2017

* On 11/15/2017 09:32 PM, Fabian Arrotin wrote:
> They were there at release time and for multilib reason

Makes sense, but in that case I don't quite understand what happened.

> What's the issue you're seeing ?

Unless I blacklist *.ppc, yum is pulling in ppc packages for no good reason.

Even building an SRPM was not possible due to conflicts:
https://japsand.x2go.org:8443/view/All%20ppc64be%20(nightly)/job/x2godesktopsharing+ppc64be+nightly+epel-7/2/consoleText

Note that none of these ppc packages were actually necessary.

I went on and blacklisted individual ppc packages, which helped with building
the SRPM, but then failed at compile time. The build log for this sadly isn't
helpful in determining why this was the case, but for completion sake:
https://japsand.x2go.org:8443/view/All%20ppc64be%20(nightly)/job/x2godesktopsharing+ppc64be+nightly+epel-7/5/consoleText

Turned out that for the actual build process, qt-devel.ppc was installed instead
of qt-devel.ppc64, which lead to a 32bit qmake being used and the build fail
later on, since I explicitly excluded util-linux.ppc, p11-kit.ppc and
diffutils.ppc previously. It's good that it failed, though, since I never
intended to get ppc binaries out of that build.

After blacklisting *.ppc, the correct ppc64 binaries were pulled in and builds
finished successfully again.

The weird part is that builds succeeded without problems only 36 hours or so
ago. Something changed, but I can't tell what exactly.

Mihai