[CentOS-devel] where should we build nsible-2.4.1 in CBS?

Thu Nov 16 09:42:50 UTC 2017
Fabian Arrotin <arrfab at centos.org>

On 15/11/17 23:42, Ken Dreyer wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 14, 2017 at 6:48 AM, Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org> wrote:
>>
>> No idea how often CBS or the internal mirrors it uses are updated once I
>> push an extras release.
>
> I tried another build today
> (https://cbs.centos.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=241860) and it failed to
> find ansible-2.4.1.0. I opened
> https://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=14131 . Is "Extras" set up as an
> external repo in CBS for the ceph build targets?
>
> - Ken

That happens when CBS/Koji doesn't know (yet) that new package[s] is/are
available in those external repos : don't forget that the builders don't
use the repomd metadata from those os/updates/extras repositories from
source, but rather from what CBS/koji exposes.

The task to run "koji regen-repo" runs actually on demand and was
triggered in the mean time, so it should be now available for all
buildroots that have Extras enabled.

We can (and already discussed that with Thomas, but never finalized that
action through CBS meeting) probably just have it triggered as soon as
upstream repomd.xml file changed, but that would mean (actually) +/- 200
koji tasks , also reason why we initially preferred to launch it
once/day during "idle" time

--
Fabian Arrotin
gpg key: 56BEC54E | twitter: @arrfab