[CentOS-devel] Notes from CERN pre-dojo
rbowen at redhat.com
Sat Oct 21 10:27:48 UTC 2017
Also, because it's in an etherpad, and is thus subject to alteration or
vandalization, I'll also put a copy below for posterity.
If there are any parts of this which are unclear to those that weren't
present, we encourage you to start a new thread per topic for further
CentOS Contributors Day, CERN
Thursday, October 19th, 2017
09:00 multiarch CI status
09:30 cross-SIG CI
10:00 workflow/process for deprecating SIG contents
10:30 allow SIGs to have separate accounts for build bots
11:00 Manage CBS multiarch at minor release ; quicker access to packages
than distribution does, delegate more (i686?), etc...
11:30 OPEN FLOOR, work/hack session.
14:00 - 15:00 Datacenter tour
16:30 - 17:30 ATLAS experiment
- multiarch CI status? (Scheduled)
- cross-SIG CI ? (Scheduled)
- workflow/process for deprecating SIG contents. +2 (Scheduled)
- allow SIGs to have separate accounts for build bots. +1 (Scheduled)
- Manage CBS multiarch at minor release ; quicker access to packages
than distribution does, delegate more (i686?), etc... (Scheduled)
- (mrunge) a kind of work session (?) if there is anything to be
done/fixed "right now"?
- Building embargoed content
Multiarch CI (Haikel)
- no automated ci for all platforms
- if you're using CI, please subscribe to ci-user-list
- ppc64(le) machines are available, but request is manual right now.
- aarch64 boxes are small, community donated. Power-capacity is way bigger
- more detail on the multiarch page in the wiki (not able to find it
through https://wiki.centos.org/QaWiki/CI/Duffy )
- use cico client for interaction wih CI system
- cicoclient multiarch support has been merged =>
- suggestion to use zuul instead of jenkins for managing job queues
- AI on alphacc: add template for requesting sync to buildlogs to mention
Cross sig ci (Haikel)
- sig start depending on other SIGs, (multiple examples given)
- question on how to test pre-released packages
- to test against extras, SIG should provide tests to t_functional from
CentOS QA. Wiki page is located at
git is located at https://github.com/CentOS/sig-core-t_functional. Results
are to be found at https://ci.centos.org/ (search for "pretest" for results
before package release and for "t_functional" for daily tests)
- define a matrix for SIGs depending on each other trigger tests - start
email thread on ci-users list, create dependency graph from centos-release-*
- CI and CBS meeting on Mondays on #centos-devel
- CICO statistics are partially available through CentOS Zabbix instance
Workflow/process for deprecating SIG contents (mrunge)
- Historically we do not delete content ever. But we can move it to the
archive/vault, and stop distributing it by default
- reasons to remove packages from the repository (move to vault.c.o):
- newer package in the (base) release
- dependency not needed any more from a newer release of your package
- end of life for versions (centos-release-gluster with per-version
- need a workflow for deprecating/removing a package
- SIGs are for experimentation - it's not for the distro to tell them how
to run their process.
- single package removal by untagging - also needs update to KB's sync
- whole repository removal by filing a bug,
Allow SIGs to have separate accounts for build bots
- separate user accounts from "bot" accounts for security reasons
- [proposal] have an email alias (not list) per sig for the bots, like
sig-<bla>@centos.org pointing to the SIG's chair
- [proposal] SIG chair must request or approve email alias requests/ ACO
account creation sent to CentOS Board chairman
- SIG chairs should request feedback/insight into the package signing
process --> KB
- sometimes, there is a delay in package signing/sync to mirror.centos.org
- have keys been generated securely (known bugs in package versions that
make less secure keys?)
Sig request for sig specific git
sigs would like to use centpkg / lookaside, build direct through git to koji
authentication requirements to accounts.centos.org
Fabian to evaluate git solutions and report back to sig chairs.
mrunge has volunteered to be the "guinea pig" of the new system
Manage CBS multiarch at minor release ; quicker access to packages than
distribution does, delegate more (i686?), etc...
- pre-CR buildroot for koji?
- does any SIG build against c7/i686? No, probably not
- For 7.4 building all the Alt-Arches took additional time, thus delaying
the release. There is work being done to improve this for future releases
- is it possible to spread the load for contributors for building on alt
* Building embargoed patches
- current practise: build as soon as the embargo is lifted - wait for
sign+push to mirror
- improvements possible for signing packages faster
* Board requirements/policy around SIG status?
- SIG chair missing: SIG may elect a new a chair and notify board
- inactive SIG members are disabled after some period.
- Define sane defaults in the SIG startup guide as a baseline (Patches
On Fri, Oct 20, 2017 at 8:54 AM Rich Bowen <rbowen at redhat.com> wrote:
> The notes from the pre-dojo meeting at CERN, yesterday, may be found in
> the etherpad at https://public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/cern-centos-thursday
> Those involved in the various discussion topics are requested to
> elaborate, where appropriate.
> Thanks to everyone who attended this very productive discussion.
> Rich Bowen - rbowen at redhat.com
> @rbowen // @rdocommunity // @CentOSProject
> 859 351 9166 <(859)%20351-9166>
Rich Bowen - rbowen at redhat.com
@rbowen // @rdocommunity // @CentOSProject
859 351 9166
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the CentOS-devel