[CentOS-devel] What to do with SCLo SIG content that is EOL

Trevor Hemsley

trevor.hemsley at ntlworld.com
Fri Oct 13 11:55:29 UTC 2017

On 13/10/17 12:49, Pavel Valena wrote:
> [...]

I think it should be the same process used for EOL CentOS releases.
Content should be moved to vault and made as difficult to get to as
possible while still allowing it to be accessed if really needed.

We shouldn't facilitate easy use of EOL and possibly insecure software
packages.  Ideally that move should be done when the SCL goes EOL not
waiting for the next point release of the CentOS version it goes along
with. That could mean a whole year (7.2 -> 7.3 was exactly a year) where
potentially insecure software was available for easy installation. Or in
a worse case, if it was for CentOS 6, will we ever see a 6.10 in which
case waiting for the next point release will never happen.

Trevor