[CentOS-devel] CERN pre-dojo meeting topic : build bots accounts for CBS

Matthias Runge

mrunge at matthias-runge.de
Tue Oct 24 16:18:19 UTC 2017

On Tue, Oct 24, 2017 at 04:25:13PM +0200, Fabian Arrotin wrote:

> As the requests came from SIGs, I'll let them explain their needs, but
> here are some points:
>
> - SIG Cloud instance has already a "cloudinstance" bot that you approved
> for the Vagrant images
> - SIG Cloud / RDO people asked for such bot instead of using Haikel's
> "cert and key" in their existing workflow
> - SIG Storage (for Ceph) asked for the same thing :
> https://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=13884

In opstools, we are currently having changes to spec files reviewed via
gerrit, like here[1]. Once a change is approved, jenkins builds a srpm
and submits that srpm for a build in cbs using my "cert and key".

However, I would prefer that to be a different one. TBH. having more
eyes on package changes rather than doing this alone seems to be much
safer for me. Bonus is, everything is publicly documented, and everyone
can propose changes.

Best,
Matthias

[1] https://review.rdoproject.org/r/#/c/10239/1