[CentOS-devel] ansible in CentOS Extras

Troy Dawson tdawson at redhat.com
Fri Sep 8 13:36:16 UTC 2017

On Fri, Sep 8, 2017 at 4:12 AM, Niels de Vos <ndevos at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 07, 2017 at 11:38:14PM +0100, Karanbir Singh wrote:
>> hi,
>>
>> https://git.centos.org/log/rpms!ansible.git/c7-extras
>>
>> is now in CentOS-Extras/ - this is going to impact every SIG that uses
>> ansible in and from cbs.centos.org, or needs specific versions pin'd for
>> their roles ( paas / cloud sig etc )
>>
>> is there anything the SIG's need to validate before this content hits
>> mirror.centos.org in a few days time ?
>
> It makes me happy to see this becoming part of CentOS-Extras. I thought
> someone mentioned that Ansible is a standard component of RHEL 7.4, and
> I was waiting for the next CentOS update to get Ansible without needing
> to add dependencies on a repository from the opstools SIG.
>
> Having Ansible available now already, makes it possible for me to just
> tag gdeploy (tool for deploying Gluster environments) into -release.
>
> Thanks!
> Niels

I assume this is the same ansible that is in RHEL 7 Extras, and will
follow the same update path and timing as RHEL's.  If it's something
different, then let us know.

I'm excited about this.  This should be less work for our SIG, and
should make it so the different SIG's all have slightly different
ansibles.

Troy