[CentOS-devel] SRPMS for AltArch (more specifically aarch64 kernel)

Jim Perrin jperrin at centos.org
Tue Sep 12 05:06:34 UTC 2017

On 09/11/2017 03:06 PM, Dominique Martinet wrote:
> Jim Perrin wrote on Mon, Sep 11, 2017 at 09:27:58AM -0700:
>> The sources are both in git.centos.org, and at
>> http://vault.centos.org/altarch/7.3.1611/updates/Source/aarch64/Source/SPackages/
>> for that particular set.
>
> Great, thanks. I guess google does not index vault :)
>
>> Hope that helps. Was there a particular change you're looking for in the
>> kernel, or just poking?
>
> Just poking, we're porting some kernel modules to aarch64 and it helps
> to know exactly where we're standing in case it's different from vanilla
> upstream kernel.

I wouldn't worry too much about the 4.5 kernel, as for the upcoming 1708
release we'll be moving to the 4.11 kernel. You can find the source for
that at
http://vault.centos.org/altarch/7.4.1708/os/Source/aarch64/Source/SPackages/kernel-alt-4.11.0-22.el7a.src.rpm

This should be available in the very near future, so working with that
srpm should be fine. I'm curious to know what modules you're porting,
and if they'd be valuable to carry in the altarch kernel.

--
Jim Perrin