[CentOS-devel] where is the centos-packager source?

Yedidyah Bar David didi at redhat.com
Thu Sep 14 06:17:33 UTC 2017

On Thu, Sep 14, 2017 at 1:30 AM, Ken Dreyer <kdreyer at redhat.com> wrote:

> Is there a Git repository with the source code for the centos-packager package?

I am not sure, but I do manage to find:

https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/bstinson/centos-packager/package/centos-packager/

which links to:

Dist Git Repo: http://copr-dist-git.fedorainfracloud.org/cgit/bstinson/centos-packager/centos-packager.git
Git URL: https://github.com/bstinsonmhk/centos-packager.git

Latest cbs build of the package was not built from a git repo,
which would have made it easier to find, but from an SRPM:

http://cbs.centos.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=191936

And if you download the srpm and unpack it, you see that its content is
identical to the content of master branch from above dist-git.

It might have been better, or at least easier to find,
if dist-git was on git.centos.org, and cbs build was from there.

(Mainly doing the above as an exercise for myself. HTH)

> I'm interested in adding a feature to centos-cert to allow downloading
> the CAs without re-generating a user cert (basically splitting up
> download_cert() in /usr/bin/centos-cert.)
>
> This would make it easier to run cbs in Jenkins with ephemeral cloud
> slaves, without having to hardcode the
> https://accounts.centos.org/ca/ca-cert.pem URL in the job's code.
>
> It also looks like the centos-packager.spec's License field says
> "GPLv2+", whereas the COPYING file is the GPLv3, so it would be good
> to make these align.
>
> - Ken

Didi