[CentOS-devel] automating paas auth to CBS

Fabian Arrotin arrfab at centos.org
Thu Sep 21 14:37:32 UTC 2017

On 21/09/17 13:59, Ken Dreyer wrote:
> Hi Clint,
>
> Recently I was looking into automatically building some ceph packages in
> CBS, and I was curious how you're doing automatic CBS builds with the paas user.
>
> I'm guessing you've generated the paas CentOS FAS x509 cert with
> centos-cert, and then you upload that .centos.cert file into some
> Jenkins instance? Is that ci.centos.org or something else?

It would be somewhere in the workspace dedicated for the jenkins slave,
yes (nothing on master)

> I see mention of the account creation @
> https://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=11465, but there's no mention of
> how long-lived this FAS x509 cert is. Does it expire every six months
> like all the others?

We have certs that don't use the "6 months" period, usually for
"service" accounts. But as I can't see that one, I guess it was
generated for a real user (so with email validation and so on) and
through accounts.centos.org (so with centos-cert) ? If so, yes , it has
to be renewed

--
Fabian Arrotin
gpg key: 56BEC54E | twitter: @arrfab