[CentOS-devel] newer GLIBC 2.23 or higher

Laurentiu Pancescu lpancescu at centosproject.org
Wed Sep 27 17:42:24 UTC 2017

On 27/09/17 18:38, Rich Reamer wrote:
> Are you planning for a newer "glibc" update such as to 2.23 or higher for CentOS 6 & 7 on the CentOS road map?

No. Most CentOS packages are compiled from the sources provided by Red
Hat, so only they are in a position to plan anything. But enterprise
distros seldom update packages, since binary compatibility is a
sought-after feature for their customers and users; they usually
backport the security fixes to the stable versions they offer:

https://access.redhat.com/security/updates/backporting/

> I ask, as it relates to vulnerability CVE-2015-7547.

That particular vulnerability has been fixed in February 2016:

https://access.redhat.com/security/cve/CVE-2015-7547

Regards,
Laurențiu