[CentOS-devel] error: COS74: nss-softokn, ec.c, ECCurve25519 undeclared

Captain Wiggum captwiggum at gmail.com
Thu Sep 28 22:29:16 UTC 2017

Thank you to Martin Thomson of the NSS dev team!!! His hint helped me to
find and fix the problem.

The issue is that the nss-softokn-3.28.3.tar.gz source, will not build with
an older nss-softokn installed.
In other words, it is circularly dependent on itself to build from source.
For me the fix was to download a current 3.28.3 binary from centos and
install it.
Then it built fine.

It would be nice if the build used its own local includes rather than the
system includes.
This is what glibc and others do to avoid this type of dependency.

Thanks again!