[CentOS-devel] SRPMS for AltArch (more specifically aarch64 kernel)

Dominique Martinet

dominique.martinet at cea.fr
Tue Sep 12 23:46:16 UTC 2017

Jim Perrin wrote on Mon, Sep 11, 2017 at 10:06:34PM -0700:
> I wouldn't worry too much about the 4.5 kernel, as for the upcoming 1708
> release we'll be moving to the 4.11 kernel. You can find the source for
> that at
> http://vault.centos.org/altarch/7.4.1708/os/Source/aarch64/Source/SPackages/kernel-alt-4.11.0-22.el7a.src.rpm

Thanks, I had noticed that 7.4.1708 directory had just poped up.
There already is some basic aarch64 support so ideally anything done for
4.5 will be useful when moving on to 4.11, but will switch to that one!

> This should be available in the very near future, so working with that
> srpm should be fine. I'm curious to know what modules you're porting,
> and if they'd be valuable to carry in the altarch kernel.

Eh, it's not anything secret but I'm not sure there is much value in
carrying it -- it's for an HPC-oriented lightweight kernel called
'mckernel'.
There is a bit of arch-specific stuff in there but at this point I think
it is quite a bit too 'niche' for CentOs/AltArch SIG :)

It can be found here[1] and is described there[2], if you're curious.
[1] https://www.pccluster.org/en/mckernel/index.html
[2] https://www-sys-aics.riken.jp/ResearchTopics/os/mckernel.html

--
Dominique Martinet