[CentOS-devel] Running openshift cluster on aarch64

Bamacharan Kundu

bkundu at redhat.com
Wed Sep 6 06:33:11 UTC 2017

Hi,
   I am trying to setup openshift allinone cluster in aarch64.
I tried few ways.

1. RPM:
  a. I installed the origin RPMs from the centos cbs [1]. started origin
and while trying run the registry with pods it pulls the x86_64
origin-pod and deployer. so fails with go panic.
  b. tried running origin start, dockerregistry with config. pods are
running but builds are not starting saying invalid registry endpoints
(as it is trying to push the built image to internal registry)

2. Container based:
  Built all the images (origin, origin-pod,
origin-deployer,origin-docker-registry) in aarch64 from the origin
dockerfiles[2]. started origin. then while deploying registry using
`oadm registry --config`, deployer fails with `serviceaccount/token`
file not found.

any suggestion on how I can get this running on RPM based/ container
based? or is it possible to run a hybrid arch openshift cluster? I meant
running few nodes on x86_64 and few on aarch64/ppc64le.

[1]
https://cbs.centos.org/repos/paas7-openshift-multiarch-candidate/aarch64/os/
[2] https://github.com/openshift/origin

Regards