[CentOS-devel] ansible in CentOS Extras

Fabian Arrotin

arrfab at centos.org
Fri Sep 8 15:41:16 UTC 2017

On 08/09/17 17:31, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> On 08/09/17 14:36, Troy Dawson wrote:
>
>> I assume this is the same ansible that is in RHEL 7 Extras, and will
>> follow the same update path and timing as RHEL's.  If it's something
>> different, then let us know.
>
> the new ver is 2.3.1 - newer than what we ship in PaaS SIG, and running
> my prisioner for a 6 node cluster, failed with type errors. fwiw, master
> from openshift-ansible does work ok though.

Yes, the fact that Ansible will be available directly can be a good and
bad thing at the same time. SIG will have no other choice than ensuring
that their installers always work with the ansible version that will be
shipped automatically in Extras, and there will be no easy way to "tag"
a specific version in a repo. (Well, a newer version can still be built
through cbs and tagged for a specific SIG repo, but impossible to do for
a lower version)

--
Fabian Arrotin
gpg key: 56BEC54E | twitter: @arrfab