[CentOS-devel] SIGs: Possibility to drop EOL content at 7.5 release time

Niels de Vos ndevos at redhat.com
Thu Apr 5 07:58:24 UTC 2018

On Wed, Apr 04, 2018 at 10:20:34PM +0300, Anssi Johansson wrote:
> Hi, this is not really my job, but I don't mind ruffling a few feathers if I
> need to.
>
> RHEL/CentOS 7.5 is probably around the corner. This would be an excellent
> time to remove any EOL software you may have floating around on
> mirror.centos.org. Unless otherwise specified, any SIG content under 7.4
> will be copied over to 7,5.
>
> I'd imagine that for example openstack-newton could be dropped because it
> went EOL in 2017-10-25. Is there some other content that could be dropped?
>
> If SIGs want to drop something at 7.5 release time, please let hughesjr
> know. Filing a bug would be one way to do that. Content can be removed
> either by directory name, or by individual package names.

I'll chime in for the Gluster repositories from the Storage SIG. The
Ceph repositories are mostly maintained by others, and I dont know which
are actively used.

These repositories still get regulary updates:

storage/x86_64/gluster-3.10
storage/x86_64/gluster-3.12
storage/x86_64/gluster-4.0

These versions are EOL and can be removed:

storage/x86_64/gluster-3.6
storage/x86_64/gluster-3.7
storage/x86_64/gluster-3.8
storage/x86_64/gluster-3.9
storage/x86_64/gluster-3.13

With the removal of the repositories, the matching
centos-release-gluster36 packages should get dropped from CentOS Extras
as well.

Thanks!
Niels