[CentOS-devel] CentOS 7.4.1708 CR Available in CBS

Sandro Bonazzola sbonazzo at redhat.com
Fri Apr 27 12:42:26 UTC 2018

> Hi Folks,
>
> The CR (https://wiki.centos.org/AdditionalResources/Repositories/CR)
> repository was released earlier today. We have regenerated all the
> CentOS 7 buildroots in CBS so you can build against the content that
> will make it into the next point-release of CentOS Linux.
>
> Machines in ci.centos.org are available with CR as well so you may
> continue your testing.
>
> As we discussed earlier
> (https://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-devel/2018-April/016627.html)
> we are currently in Point-release Freeze which means anything tagged for
> release will *NOT* get pushed out to mirror.centos.org and we will be
> holding new push requests until we have a GA point-release.
>
> If there are any questions please find us here or in #centos-devel on
> Freenode.

Hi, trying to build qemu-kvm-ev 2.10 which requires CR repo content in [1],
I got:

DEBUG util.py:417:  Error: Package: rdma-core-15-6.el7.aarch64 (build)
DEBUG util.py:417:             Requires: initscripts
DEBUG util.py:417:  Error: Package: cyrus-sasl-2.1.26-23.el7.aarch64 (build)
DEBUG util.py:417:             Requires: /sbin/service
DEBUG util.py:417:  Error: Package:
device-mapper-multipath-0.4.9-119.el7.aarch64 (build)
DEBUG util.py:417:             Requires: initscripts
DEBUG util.py:417:   You could try using --skip-broken to work around
the problem

so, looks like CR repo is failing repository closure at least on aarch64.
Can you please check?

[1] https://cbs.centos.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=402259

> Cheers!
>
> --
> Brian Stinson

SANDRO BONAZZOLA

ASSOCIATE MANAGER, SOFTWARE ENGINEERING, EMEA ENG VIRTUALIZATION R&D

Red Hat EMEA <https://www.redhat.com/>

sbonazzo at redhat.com
<https://red.ht/sig>
<https://redhat.com/summit>