[CentOS-devel] Proposal : potential "freeze" for SIG content to be built and/or pushed to mirrors

Brian Stinson

brian at bstinson.com
Tue Apr 17 16:51:11 UTC 2018

On Apr 17 11:44, Thomas F Herbert wrote:

> On 04/11/2018 08:01 AM, Fabian Arrotin wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > As you're all aware, RHEL 7.5 was released yesterday, and at the CentOS
> > side, the massive rebuild started for all arches (x86_64, i386, ppc64,
> > ppc64le, aarch64 and armhfp).
> >
> > We'd like to have your opinion about the following proposal (TBD) :
> > - we freeze the signing process for now, while we have focus on the
> > distro rebuild.
> > - we can also eventually freeze the CBS builders, so that all SIGs are
> > now waiting for 7.5.1804 content to be available in CBS/koji and so
> > rebuild against those pkgs
> What is the ETA?

We don't forecast ETAs for this sort of content, but I can say that the
QA group is looking through some of the built packages at this point.

> Fabian, is the process for SIGs to rebuild packages, once 7.5.1804 content
> is on CBS?

You should watch for a release announcement for CR, once CR is released
it becomes the base packageset in CBS/CI directly and you may build against
it as usual.