[CentOS-devel] Status of Ansible within CentOS 7 and SIGs

Sandro Bonazzola

sbonazzo at redhat.com
Fri Apr 27 14:53:59 UTC 2018

> Hello Folks,
>
> Starting with CentOS 7.5, ansible package will no be available in CentOS
> -extras anymore as Red Hat decided to ship Ansible on a separate channel.
>
> Looking at ansible package in CBS [1] I see that Troy, Fabian, Sandro
> and Alan are rebuilding it.
> Can we get better at that task ?
>
> My proposal would to initiate a rebuild of the new Ansible
> channel[2](within the Config Management SIG) and follow a better release
> cycle.
>
> What do you think ? Would it be a solution from all SIG, or should we
> continue to ship Ansible within each SIG ?

I would be more than happy to hand over ansible rebuilds to Config
Management SIG.
I'm rebuilding ansible in Virt SIG just because there wasn't any other SIG
keeping the pace with ansible releases.
While creating repos, please consider having an ansible-2 repo having
always latest ansible 2 along with ansible-2.5, ansible-2.6 and so on.
In oVirt we'd like to consume latest ansible 2 always.

> I would be happy to contribute the rebuild/debranding of existing
> source rpms (all available versions) if we all agree.
>
> Please note that EPEL is shipping again Ansible 2.5 as it was removed
> from Extras [3]
>
> --
> Thomas Oulevey
>
> [1]: http://cbs.centos.org/koji/packageinfo?packageID=1947
>
> [2]:
> http://ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/linux/enterprise/
> 7Server/en/Ansible/SRPMS/
>
> [3]: https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/packageinfo?packageID=13842

SANDRO BONAZZOLA

ASSOCIATE MANAGER, SOFTWARE ENGINEERING, EMEA ENG VIRTUALIZATION R&D

Red Hat EMEA <https://www.redhat.com/>

sbonazzo at redhat.com
<https://red.ht/sig>
<https://redhat.com/summit>