[CentOS-devel] SIGs: Possibility to drop EOL content at 7.5 release time

Wed Apr 4 21:44:18 UTC 2018
Trevor Hemsley <trevor.hemsley at ntlworld.com>

On 04/04/18 20:20, Anssi Johansson wrote:

> If SIGs want to drop something at 7.5 release time, please let
> hughesjr know. Filing a bug would be one way to do that. Content can
> be removed either by directory name, or by individual package names.

Actually, for security purposes, I'd say we should do the opposite -
only carry over content from 7.4 that is explicitly requested by the
SIGs. That way we do not bring over stuff that has been forgotten about
and no-one looks after. This way, only content that is claimed by active
SIGs and maintained by them will get brought across and old forgotten,
unmaintained content will get removed.

Trevor