[CentOS-devel] [altarch][ppc64le] Packages needed for Triple O Container Builds

Niels de Vos

ndevos at redhat.com
Wed Aug 1 11:38:08 UTC 2018

On Mon, Jul 30, 2018 at 04:29:27PM -0400, Michael Turek wrote:
> Hello  all,
>
> We've been trying to enable tripleo container builds in the centos rdo
> community and quickly ran into some problematic RPMs. Specifically,
> centos-release-ceph-luminous and centos-release-opstools. They were
> problematic for altarch but have recently been patched to work with the
> $contentdir var. I set up a test to see how they install, linked below
> [0][1], and found that centos-release-storage-common would also be needed.
> Adding that seemed to allow everything to install properly. The test also
> installs ceph, as the centos-release-ceph-luminous package just enables a
> repo. If you would like any more testing to be done here please let me know,
> I'd be happy to help move this along.

The centos-release packages for the CentOS Storage SIG have now been
made compatible for altarch support. They have been rebuilt and are in
the queue (if not moved on yet) for siging+pushing to Extras.

- centos-release-storage-common
- centos-release-ceph-luminous
- centos-release-gluster312
- centos-release-gluster41

I am not sure if there needs to be an additional request to get these
packages included in "CentOS Extras for altarch" though. If so, please
let me know :-)

HTH,
Niels